Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Gadget Mutiny, 2006

I knew it was to happen oneday, but I had no idea that it'd be just 1 month before the exam. but then, it's the best strategy to strike when ur enemy is busy with something else. and the electronic gadgets of my home take the full advantages of the study leave before my exams!!!

guess who's the leader??bang on!!!it's the thing i'm composing this post from!!!MY COMP...I wrote about the problems it cause in some posts.. but now the scene is different.. earlier it used to cause problems for which I had to call a mechanic over and fix it. but not now!! now it's showing me that it has it's own mind and won't do anything unless it wants to do that.. what??u need an explaination??here it is...

around a week ago, it suddenly said that my sound card is having some problem and so I could not lay any songs. I thought may be...but just to prove me wrong the next day, it starts working finely....I was happy thinking that it's been fixed. but no!!!the next time I switched on the PC, sound device was not working again...it was like this since this morning..and I was even started to think that may be it has some problems and I should call help..and guss what???I'm listening to music in it for last 1 hr...
not only that, sometimes, it shows that the sound device is working finely, but when I play a song....it just doesn't play it...
(and I'm not saying anything about the it's swinging moods when the firefox stops responding!!!)

but may be I could do with that. but no, my comp has spread the word of revolution to all my households gadgets.. and as a result starting from my scientific calculator to my music system....everyone has joined the non-co operation movement!!!

My music system..the beautiful 2000 watts sony one.. it has excellent report of conduct. but not anymore... now most of the time I try to play a CD, it says there's a mechanical error.. but without doing anything, it plays the songs sometime later..

the refrigerator, a vetera one..has also joined them.. and though it doesn't causes much trouble, once it took 36 hours to set up an ice cream!!!

the calculator!!!!!uff!! that day at the exam hall I switched it on, it it started showing meaningless signs...even colours of rainbow!!!but after I fought a bit with it, it gave in and starts doing maths like a good boy!!!

I bought a device, which can make good froth using milk and sugar, thinking that it can make wonderful coffee. and just after using 2 times....it has stopped working.

the wareless phone...two days ago, we found that the balance is 100 rs less than it should be, though after talking to the customer care all my family members think that it's my 10 yrs old cousin who's responsible for this by calling some voice service, I highly doubt.. I think my pc must have convinced my goody goody phone to join them and reap us off all our balances...but I think it has left their allies after my sis threw the phone on knowing the missing balance thing...

there are still more...we had a desktop calender like electronic thing... which always start chiming at 2 or 3 am. and says that someone has fixed alarm to do so.. u want to believe it????

the last one to join the gang is my vcd come mp3 player. well, it was night time...I was gonna play some 'exciting' movie. and...due to the revolution all I could see was some passing still pictures....and frustration came in place of excitation!!!
but the next time it works finely...

so all they want is to bug me constantly!!!and they are not telling their demands to me. so I dnt know what to do. anyway, one piece of good advice before putting an end to this,
beware!!!!my comp may connect to ur comp using the internet. and if it can convince ur one to join their side, u r also in trouble like me!!! so do something and suggest some ways by which I can put this damn mutiny off!!!!

4 comments:

Rita said...

Join the club! My sound card is not working either!
BTW, you 'lay' songs or is that a typo? Hee hee ;)

d4u said...

Hahaha...looks like electronic aliens are strikin:p Anyways try singing to the comp..it worked with my comp at least:p

Vipul said...

Am so scared now!

Abaniko said...

What a conspiracy! Did you check your solar flashlight? That damn thing may have decided to join the 'mutiny'. :D