Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Lesson

tell me, what's the worst curse for men?
...
...
...
still thinking??? it's very easy... the answer is to accompany a woman while shopping.
people who do not agree with me, should try it once and ur opinion would definitely change. and the men who agree with me, must have gone through some unfortunate experiences like me..

I knew it... but I had a vague idea. I used to think that this happens only if we accompany mother or some aunts, even some friends or elder sisters also causes the same thing. but I was damn sure that my younger sisters won't make me go through this.
so the naive me agreed when my cousin, who just sat for H.S. exam this year, asked me to take her to do some shopping. we went to the mall...and started browsing.. to buy 1 shirt and 1 t-shirt for me and she got 5 paiece of garments. and it took sort of 2 hours. but we must have covered atleast 10 kms. seems unbelievable????ok...
let me give u a quick description of yesterday.

we went in. and started seeing somethings we were least bothered to buy and neither have the money to buy. then we started checking some homemaker's stuff. finally after 30 to 45 mins we went to the upstairs to see the garments. ( i just realized it's impossible for me to recollect that shocking experience)

finally we went out with our aching legs and came back

I learnt a very important lesson..
wemen!!. be they 2 years or 12 or 20 or 42 or 70 , they all have the innate capacity do shopping and more browsing than shopping and they specially browse the things that they had no intention to buy. and the things that they buy, they choose after seeing hundred others and they try that 4 to 5times... and if u want to escape this , donate the content of ur wallet to them and go catch a movie. by this time the movie ends, they may finish..
(I think that's why the multiplexes are situated adjacent to the shopping malls)...and if they haven't yet, pray!!!!!

5 comments:

d4u said...

Hahaha...very true!!

medusa said...

i cant tell u about the number of men who will agree with u....
and the number of women who will tell u what a pain it is to take men shopping

educatedunemployed said...

Complain complain...Uff..:P

Mirage said...

Hehe!! You havent seen anythin yet man! Let me take you on one of my shopping excursions...you'll prefer goin to hell! ;)

Soumyadip said...

I have the misfortune of compulsorily having to accompany my female friends to their shopping 'escapades.' It's torture, sheer torture. I'm that fussy in choosing stuff only when I purchase shoes, and that's usually not more than a pair a year.

But then you can't blame them, the market caters to them and they are spoilt with so much to choose from. We men usually have to do with whatever is available.